Summer, never leave me
Today 2: it got better
Today. Summer storm!
be careful what you post online because future employers might see it and want to hang out with you because you’re so cool
How do you improve upon the highlights from Germany’s 7-1 thrashing of Brazil? By adding wrestling legend Jim Ross to the goal calls, that’s how. [Updated with the second half goals.]
THIS IS AMAZING
5 films I own that I haven’t even opened
Sometimes you just buy things on a whim, for a day that never comes. So far that’s exactly what’s happened with these movies.
- Mysterious Skin I watched this years ago, in like 2005, before JGL’s meteoric rise to the big league. It also has Michelle Trachtenberg in. It’s a great, brutal film. It’s kind of like Requiem for a dream: the sort of film you want your friends to watch, but incredibly uncomfortable to do so. I got it from Fopp for £5 and haven’t revisited it yet.
- The Three Caballeros I went through a stage of thinking I could collect every Disney classic. I was going to have a full on library, I forget why, and so I bought this and a few others on the same day, I think from Sainsburys? This one is a super early one and I remember liking the Mexican-themed song from a VHS of Disney songs from back when I was younger. I haven’t opened this yet because…there’s just never a day where I want to watch it.
- Hugo This is a great film! I saw it once and then bought it when it went down to £5.99 on Amazon. I haven’t watched it again yet but I hope the day comes when I do.
- Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Bought for completionist’s sake in 2010 or 11 I think, because of Toy Story 3. I’ve never seen it all the way through and I’m pretty sure it’s terrible, but, well, the reason above.
- The Sword in the Stone Running theme here of unopened Disney DVDs. Yeah, I don’t remember much about this one. Do know I like the wizard’s song. And that it’s one of those really early Disney movies that’s not quite as cuddly as you remember. This was my most recent buy (Fopp, £5, story of my life) and I will watch it on a lazy Sunday.
My Zara voucher leaving present has taken the form of shoes :)
Alas; get home and its sunup. Shouldn’t complain. Winter sucks.
Culture warfare at French woods, July 4th 2013
The first Star Wars I’ve actually wanted to see :D
Can’t beat the classics
Weirdly, hypnotically perplexing…dried paint. (Ooooo.)